Quick and Easy Granola Bars
Makes about 12
- 1/2 cup slivered or chopped almonds (or other nuts)
- 1/2 cup sunflower or other seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries, or other dried fruit (or a combo)
- 2 tbsp hemp or other seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs (or chocolate pieces)
- 2 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal (like Rice Krispies, I use the Barbara's brand brown rice version)
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter (I like almond)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the first seven ingredients (almonds through rice cereal) in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the nut butter, rice syrup, maple syrup, and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl. Warm in the microwave until pourable. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Firmly press the mixture into a 9x13 inch pan lined with parchment paper and put in the freezer. When cooled and hardened, remove from the pan by lifting it out by the parchment paper and place on a cutting board. Cut into bars and individually wrap.