These pancakes are easily the best I've ever tasted. Especially if you top them with powdered sugar, margarine, and a squeeze of lemon. Really, these are bed-and-breakfast good! I added a few extra goodies, so they are healthy (aka "super") too.
Blueberry Super Pancakes
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or more whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened coconut)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp hemp (or sunflower) seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp oil (canola, coconut, etc.- your choice)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries (if using frozen, defrost them in a strainer under warm water)
- Preheat your griddle over medium heat. Combine the flours and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place all remaining ingredients, except for the blueberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture and stir to combine. Some small lumps are ok- you don't want to over-mix the batter or the pancakes will be tough. Fold in the blueberries.
- Cook on a heated griddle, flipping when the edges are bubbly.