These muffins are vegan and contain chia and hemp seeds which make them rich in protein, iron, and omega 3s. They are low in sugar so, if you prefer a sweeter muffin, you may want to add another 1/4 cup or so of brown sugar.
Peach Muffins with Chia and Hemp Seeds
3 tbsp canola oil (or oil of choice)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- Whisk together chia seeds and warm water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and hemp seeds. Set aside.
- To the chia seed mixture, add milk, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla and combine well. Add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir gently to combine- don't overmix. Gently fold in the peaches.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan. For mini muffins, bake for about 20 minutes. For larger muffins, check for doneness at 20 minutes by inserting a toothpick into the middle of a muffin (it should come out clean and the muffins should be golden brown).