Thank you so much for following through the winter with The Winter Project!
(What is The Winter Project?)
Through this project, I shared insight into my strategy for staying happy and healthy through the year's darkest and coldest season. I also offered challenges to help you begin to build tools for nurturing yourself through challenging times.
Below is a summary of The Winter Project challenges by week. Though longer days and warmer weather are just around the corner, I urge you to continue building and using the bag of tricks you have created this winter. The most powerful tools for me are the basics: adequate sleep, regular exercise, sunlight, and healthy food. From there, I know that spending good, quality time connecting with people and activities that I enjoy with keep me buoyant.
Summary of The Winter Project challenges by week:
- Introduction to The Winter Project
- Week 1: Connecting with the season
- Week 2: Nurturing your basic needs
- Week 3: Leisure time
- Week 4: Connection and community
- Week 5: Movement
- Week 6: Healthy food reboot
- Week 7: Warmth and comfort
- Week 8: Making a nest
- Week 9: Creating a bedtime ritual
- Week 10: Winter play
- Week 11: Remember when- recreating winter play from childhood
- Week 12: Making room for joy
- Week 13: Get some sunlight
Don’t miss out! If you haven’t subscribed yet, sign up today to receive free Get Natured updates so you won’t miss any future posts. Thank you for reading! xoxo
Other ways to follow along:
*Important note: I am not a licensed mental health professional. This advice is not intended to take the place of therapy or medications. Please seek professional care if you are suffering from depression or anxiety symptoms.